Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Bouldercombe Substation
In this section
In this section
- Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba
- Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Kemmis
- Powerlink PACR - Maintain reliability of supply in Blackwater
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of AC Board Failure Project
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of Instrument Transformer Failure
- TransGrid & Powerlink Project Assessment Draft Report: Expanding NSW-QLD Transmission Transfer Capacity
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Maintaining a reliable Upper Tumut substation
- SA Power Networks release new version of their Demand Side Engagement Document
- Douglas Shire Non-network options report
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Managing safety and environmental risks from corrosion on Line 959/92Z
- Powerlink Queensland - Summary of PADR - Maintaining reliability of supply between Clare South and Townsville South
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report Managing the risk of protection relay failure
- Powerlink Queensland Project Assessment Conclusions Report Maintaining reliability of supply at Kamerunga Substation
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report - Managing the Risk of Isolator Failure Project Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission
- TransGrid Publishes TAPR 2019
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Kemmis
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba
- Reinforcing the New South Wales Southern Shared Network to increase transfer capacity to the state’s demand centres
- Managing the Sydney East substation’s asset risks
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Wagga 330 kV substation secondary systems
Powerlink has recently published a ‘Project Specification Consultation Report’ to address maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Bouldercombe Substation.
Located approximately 19 kilometres south-west of Rockhampton and established in 1975, Bouldercombe Substation is a major transmission node for Central Queensland, marshalling a number of 275kV circuits from Nebo and Broadsound to the north, Stanwell in the west and Raglan and Calliope River to the south.
It also provides the sole 132kV injection source for the area, supplying Ergon Energy at Rockhampton, Egans Hill and Pandoin, as well as Stanwell Power Station’s auxiliary supply and customers directly connected to Powerlink’s network.
Transformers 1 and 2, along with the original circuit breakers, disconnectors, earth switches and instrument transformers at Bouldercombe Substation are nearing the end of their technical service lives, with manufacturers no longer providing technical support or carrying spares for many of the items.
The proposed preferred option that is considered to satisfy the Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission (RIT-T) involves the installation of a new 250MVA transformer, decommissioning of transformers 1 & 2 and the single stage replacement of all at risk plant by December 2021.
The indicative capital cost of this option is $30.6 million in 2018/19 prices.
In accordance with the requirements of the Rules, a summary of the Project Specification Consultation Report is made available on the AEMO website. A copy of the ‘Project Specification Consultation Report’ can be obtained from the Powerlink Website on the RIT-T Consultations page or by emailing email@example.com .
Submissions on the Project Specification Consultation Report are required by the closing date of 25 January 2019
Any enquiries in the first instance should be directed to:
Manager Network and Alternate Solutions
PO Box 1193
VIRGINIA, QLD 4014
Tel: (+617) 3860 2328