Electranet PSCR for Managing the Risk of Transformer Bushing Failure under the RIT-T
In this section
In this section
- Powerlink PACR - Maintain reliability of supply in Blackwater
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of AC Board Failure Project
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of Instrument Transformer Failure
- TransGrid & Powerlink Project Assessment Draft Report: Expanding NSW-QLD Transmission Transfer Capacity
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Maintaining a reliable Upper Tumut substation
- SA Power Networks release new version of their Demand Side Engagement Document
- Douglas Shire Non-network options report
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Managing safety and environmental risks from corrosion on Line 959/92Z
- Powerlink Queensland - Summary of PADR - Maintaining reliability of supply between Clare South and Townsville South
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report Managing the risk of protection relay failure
- Powerlink Queensland Project Assessment Conclusions Report Maintaining reliability of supply at Kamerunga Substation
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report - Managing the Risk of Isolator Failure Project Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission
- TransGrid Publishes TAPR 2019
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Kemmis
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba
- Reinforcing the New South Wales Southern Shared Network to increase transfer capacity to the state’s demand centres
- Managing the Sydney East substation’s asset risks
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Wagga 330 kV substation secondary systems
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Deniliquin substation secondary systems
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining reliability of supply in the Blackwater area
ElectraNet has published a Project Specification Consultation Report (PSCR) for Managing the Risk of Transformer Bushing Failure under the Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission (RIT-T), as required by the National Electricity Rules clause 5.16.
The PSCR is the first stage of a RIT-T process, and describes the identified need of the assessment, the options that are being considered to address the identified need and specific categories of market benefit and their applicability to this RIT-T.
ElectraNet has identified the need to replace 101 transformer bushings fitted on 18 power transformers across ElectraNet’s transmission network based on their condition. The bushings were installed in the 1960s and 1970s and are now reaching, or past, the end of their technical lives. The bushings are now between 36 and 55 years old compared to a standard technical life of 40 years.
ElectraNet considers that there is only one technically and economically feasible option, which is to replace the end-of-life transformer bushings on a like-for-like basis. Due to the specific role that transformer bushings play in the transmission of electricity and their relatively low replacement cost, ElectraNet considers that there is no feasible role for network support solutions in addressing the identified need of this RIT-T. However, for completeness, the PSCR sets out the required technical characteristics for a network support option.
ElectraNet welcomes written submissions on this PSCR. Submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and are due on or before 14 November 2018.
Subject to submissions received on this PSCR, a Project Assessment Conclusions Report (PACR) is expected to be published by December 2018.
The PSCR is available for download at www.electranet.com.au