Ergon Energy Corporation Limited Regulatory Test Consultation Gracemere area - Addendum
In this section
In this section
- ElectraNet PSCR - Managing the Risk of Instrument Transformer Failure
- TransGrid & Powerlink Project Assessment Draft Report: Expanding NSW-QLD Transmission Transfer Capacity
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Maintaining a reliable Upper Tumut substation
- SA Power Networks release new version of their Demand Side Engagement Document
- Douglas Shire Non-network options report
- TransGrid Project Assessment Conclusions Report: Managing safety and environmental risks from corrosion on Line 959/92Z
- Powerlink Queensland - Summary of PADR - Maintaining reliability of supply between Clare South and Townsville South
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report Managing the risk of protection relay failure
- Powerlink Queensland Project Assessment Conclusions Report Maintaining reliability of supply at Kamerunga Substation
- ElectraNet Project Specification Consultation Report - Managing the Risk of Isolator Failure Project Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission
- TransGrid Publishes TAPR 2019
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Kemmis
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report Addressing the secondary systems condition risks at Mudgeeraba
- Reinforcing the New South Wales Southern Shared Network to increase transfer capacity to the state’s demand centres
- Managing the Sydney East substation’s asset risks
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Wagga 330 kV substation secondary systems
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Deniliquin substation secondary systems
- Powerlink Queensland - Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining reliability of supply in the Blackwater area
- Powerlink Queensland Project Specification Consultation Report - Maintaining power transfer capability and reliability of supply at Lilyvale
- Maintaining compliance with performance standards applicable to Haymarket substation secondary systems
10 September 2014
In December 2013, Ergon Energy Corporation Limited (Ergon Energy) published a Request for Information for the Gracemere area in Central Queensland. Since that time, Ergon Energy’s Distribution Authority has been amended, changing the Security of Supply Criteria under which network investment planning is undertaken. The new Security of Supply Criteria, are underpinned by an economic, probabilistic, customer value based approach to reliability and are aimed at increasing asset utilisation in a controlled manner that balances network expenditure and performance. It is intended that the new Criteria will improve customer value by reducing the growth and cost of network assets.
In line with these changes, Ergon Energy has revisited the network investment requirements for the Gracemere area, and has identified a material change in those requirements. As a consequence, Ergon Energy has decided to publish this Addendum to the Request for Information, detailing the new conditions and requirements.
Ergon Energy is responsible (under its Distribution Authority) for electricity supply to the Gracemere area in Central Queensland. We have identified emerging limitations in the electricity distribution network supplying the area. The loads on Ergon Energy’s Malchi 66/11kV Zone Substation (which supplies the entire Gracemere area) and 11kV network have progressively increased to the point that meeting the minimum standards for reliability of supply will not be possible beyond 2016/17, if no action is taken.
If no action is taken, the Gracemere network will not be compliant with the requirements under the recently mandated “Safety Net” component of the Security Criteria from the summer of 2016/17.
A decision is required by January 2015 if the initial stage of any option involving significant construction is to be completed by 1 November 2016.
This Addendum is a further Request for Information where Ergon Energy is seeking updated/new information about possible solutions to the (adjusted) emerging limitations, which may be able to be provided by parties other than Ergon Energy.
Gracemere RFI ADDENDUM
10 September 2014 | filesize: 3.14 MB (.pdf)
Submissions in writing (electronic preferably) are due by 4 November 2014 and should be lodged to:
Attention: Network Development
Updated information will be provided on our web site:
For further information and inquiries please submit to the email address above.