2019 Energy Price Limits Review
In this section
In this section
- AEPC_2019_09: Formalisation of the Process for Maintenance Applications
- 2019 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2019_06: Removal of Resource Plans and Dispatchable Loads
- AEPC_2019_04 Dispatch
- AEPC_2019_07 Ancillary Services
- AEPC_2018_03 Communication and control systems
- AEPC_2019_08 Power System Security
- AEPC_2018_05: IMS Interface
- AEPC_2018_06: Commissioning Tests
- AEPC_2019_02: Medium Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_01: Monitoring and Reporting Protocol
- TR_2018_01: Tolerance Ranges
- AEPC_2019_03: Reduction of prudential exposure in the Reserve Capacity Mechanism
- AEPC_2019_01: Short Term Projected Assessment of System Adequacy
- AEPC_2018_04: Facility Outages
- Draft Report: 2019 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2021-22 Capacity Year
- 2018 Energy Price Limits Review
- AEPC_2018_02: Tolerance Ranges
- Draft Report: 2018 Benchmark Reserve Capacity Price for the 2020-21 Capacity Year
- 2017 Margin Peak and Margin Off-Peak Review - Assumptions
Date published on website: 12 April 2019
In accordance with clause 6.20.6 of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) Rules, AEMO commissioned a review of the Energy Price Limits for the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) in the South West Interconnected System.
AEMO engaged Marsden Jacob Associates Pty Ltd (Marsden Jacob), an independent consultant, to assist AEMO in preparing the draft report for the annual review of the Energy Price Limits for 2019-20.
On 12 April 2019, AEMO published an invitation to provide submissions and a draft report prepared by Marsden Jacob. In accordance with clause 6.20.6 of the WEM Rules, AEMO invited all sectors of the Western Australian energy industry, including end-users, to make submissions on the draft report by 24 May 2019.
During the consultation period, AEMO received feedback from stakeholders including comments on the methodology used to calculate the variable operating and maintenance costs. After reviewing the feedback in collaboration with AEMO, Marsden Jacob recalculated the Energy Price Limits.
On 21 May 2019, AEMO published a revised draft report. In accordance with 6.20.9A of the WEM Rules, AEMO published a request for further submissions. The call for further submissions extended the deadline for submissions to 31 May 2019.
On 12 June 2019, AEMO provided the Economic Regulation Authority (ERA) with its proposed values for the Energy Price Limits for 2019-20.
Approval of 2019 Energy Price LimitsOn 26 July 2019, the Economic Regulation Authority (ERA) approved AEMO’s proposed revised values for the Energy Price Limits for the 2019-20 financial year. The ERA’s determination is available on its website.
SubmissionsAEMO did not receive any formal submissions during the consultation period.
AEMO scheduled a public workshop 1 May 2019 which was subsequently cancelled due to insufficient interest.
Documents relating to this consultation