Media Statement - South Australia
- 2019 NEM Electricity Statement of Opportunities
- AEMO publishes Quarterly Energy Dynamics - Q2 2019
- Western Victoria Renewable Integration Project Assessment Conclusions Report July 2019
- 2019 Victorian Annual Planning Report (VAPR)
- 2019 Electricity Statement of Opportunities for the WEM
- AEMO publishes Quarterly Energy Dynamics - Q1 2019
February 08, 2017 - 9:11 PM
The Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) can confirm that at 19:03 ADST, approximately 100 megawatts (MW) of local load shedding was instructed in South Australia to maintain the security of the power system.
Load shedding, which impacted approximately 40,000 customers, was instructed by AEMO to avoid damage to network equipment due to potential overloading.
At 19:30 ADST, AEMO gave permission to restore the 100 MW of load, and at approximately 19:40 ADST electricity supply had been restored.
Further details will be supplied following investigation.
For AEMO media enquiries, please contact:
AEMO media enquiries
Ph: 0409 382 121