Metering package 2: MSATS and SLPs
In this section
In this section
- Procedures Working Group (PWG)
- Metering package 1: Metering data
- Metering package 2: MSATS and SLPs
- Metering package 3: Miscellaneous
- Settlements package 1: Settlement Residue Auctions
- Settlements package 2: Estimations
- Settlements package 3: Miscellaneous
- Settlements package 4: Transmission Network Service Provider Negative Settlements Residue
- Settlements package 5: Prudentials - Credit Limit Procedures
- Settlements package 6: Reallocations
- Dispatch package 1: Bids/Offers
- Dispatch package 2: Pricing
- Dispatch package 3: Spot market
- Dispatch package 4: Miscellaneous
On 20 May 2019, AEMO issued a Notice of First Stage Consultation, and published an Issues Paper and initial draft procedures for Package 2.
The Issues Paper included details on AEMO’s stakeholder engagement in the course of developing the initial draft procedures, including various proposals that were discussed at workshops with industry representatives. The Issues Paper included a summary of the specific amendments proposed in the initial consultation pack.
AEMO received 20 submissions to the first stage of consultation.
From these submissions and its own analysis, AEMO identified five material issues. These issues are addressed in the Draft Report, and include:
- The treatment and profiling of Non-Contestable Unmetered Loads (NCUL)
- Changes to the metering data quality and quality requirements
- The introduction of the Exemption Procedure: Metering Provider Data Storage Requirements
- The treatment and maintenance of the Local Retailer (LR) and Financially Responsible Market Participant (FRMP) field in MSATS from GS commencement
- The treatment of various connection point scenarios to support GS requirements
The publication of the Draft Report and Determination (Draft Report) commences the second stage of the Rules consultation process conducted by AEMO to consider amendments to various Metering Procedures, under the National Electricity Rules (NER), for the implementation of five-minute settlement (5MS) and global settlement (GS) Rules, referred to as ‘Package 2’.
For more information on the Metering Procedures Packages and associated consultation, see the 5MS Metering Procedures Packages factsheets (308 KB, pdf).
Link to Consultation: Metering Procedure Changes (Package 2)
Status: Final determination published
Any queries should be directed to AEMO's Five-Minute Settlement email address: 5MS@aemo.com.au
Indicative Consultation Dates Publish consultation paper 20 May 2019 Submissions due 24 June 2019 Publish draft procedure and draft determination 5 August 2019 Submissions due on Draft Report 2 September 2019 Publish final procedure and final determination 30 September 2019
**These documents will be consulted on twice: firstly through package 1 for 5MS updates and secondly through package 2 for Global Settlement updates