Powering Sydney's Future RIT-T
In this section
In this section
Together with Ausgrid, TransGrid is undertaking a Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission (RIT-T) to investigate a series of credible options to find the most reliable, affordable and sustainable solution to secure the future electricity supply for the Inner Sydney area.
In order to assess all network and non-network options from a technical and economic perspective, we are using the Australian Energy Regulator’s Regulatory Investment Test for Transmission (RIT-T). The test is a formal consultation process designed to:
- Inform stakeholders of the energy supply need and proposed options to address it
- Test the market for alternative and more efficient solutions
- Explain to stakeholders the basis on which the preferred option is selected.
The consultation process
The Project Assessment Draft Report (PADR) has been released and is open for consultation.
The PADR provides a summary of the submissions received by TransGrid and Ausgrid on the options presented in the Project Specification Consultation Report (PSCR) published in October 2016, and an update on the preferred option for investment.
Submissions and next steps
TransGrid and Ausgrid welcome written submissions on the PADR.
If you would like to discuss the material presented in this document or require further information to assist with a submission, please contact us.
- Submissions are due Friday 23 June 2017.
- Submissions should be made via PSFConsultations@transgrid.com.au