AEPC_2018_03: Communication and control systems
In this section
In this section
Procedure Change Proposal
Wholesale Electricity Market Rules – Clause 2.10
Date of Notice: 20 April 2018
This notice informs all Rule Participants and interested parties (Consulted Persons) that AEMO has published a Procedure Change Proposal in respect of the revised Power System Operating Procedure: Communications and control systems and is conducting a consultation process in respect of this proposal.
This consultation is being carried out in accordance with the Procedure Change Process detailed in clause 2.10 of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) Rules.
Matter under Consultation
The matters are related to clauses 2.35.4 and 2.36A.5 of the WEM Rules which require AEMO to document:
a) The communications and control system requirements necessary to support the dispatch process described in the WEM Rules and the Power System Operation Procedures.
b) the communications and control system requirements necessary to enable AEMO to remotely monitor the performance of a Network.
The Consultation Process
The consultation process is outlined below. Dates in italics are indicative only and subject to change.
Closing date for submissions in response to the Procedure Change Proposal
21 May 2018
Publication of Procedure Change Report
13 July 2018
Proposed commencement of new Power System Operating Procedure
14 July 2018
Procedure Change Proposal Documents
- Call for submissions on Procedure Change Proposal AEPC_2018_03 (228 KB, pdf)
- Procedure Change Proposal AEPC_2018_03 (378 KB, pdf)
- Proposed revised Power System Operating Procedure: Communications and control systems (clean) (335 KB, pdf)
- Proposed revised Power System Operating Procedure: Communications and control systems (marked up version) (507 KB, pdf)
- Western power - AEPC_2018_03 (127 KB, pdf)