Market ancillary services specification and FCAS verification tool
In this section
In this section
- Ancillary services causer pays contribution factors
- Network support and control ancillary services procedures and guidelines
- System restart ancillary services guideline
- Market ancillary services specification and FCAS verification tool
- Regional benefit ancillary services procedure
- Frequency and time deviation monitoring
The market ancillary services specification (MASS) contains:
- A detailed description of each kind of market ancillary service.
- The performance parameters and requirements which must be satisfied for a service to qualify as the relevant market ancillary service, and also when a market participant provides the relevant kind of market ancillary service.
- Verification procedures for market ancillary services.
Market Ancillary Service Specification v5.0 - Effective 30 July 2017
28 July 2017 (741 KB, pdf)
The FCAS verification tool (FCASVT) is an Excel spreadsheet that has been made available to NEM participants to calculate FCAS delivered by their plant.
The FCASVT will calculate fast raise (R6), slow raise (R60), delayed raise (R5), fast lower (L6), slow lower (L60), and delayed lower (L5), delivered in accordance with the MASS. The FCASVT also allows the user to inspect in detail how the MASS is applied in processing data to arrive at a result.
(External) MASS V5 FCAS Verification Tool v2.09
28 July 2017 (8.8 MB, xlsx)
FCAS Verification Tool User Guide v2
28 July 2017 (1.2 MB, pdf)
The distributed energy resources FCAS specification contains the minimum conditions that AEMO proposes to apply to parties that may participate in a future trial of contingency FCAS from aggregated DERs.
Specification for Distributed Energy Resources to provide Contingency FCAS (Draft)
15 June 2018 (1.2 MB, pdf)