Cyber Security Events
The Australian Energy Security Board report was delivered to the Energy Security Board in December 2018 regarding its “assessment of the cyber maturity of all energy market participants to understand where there are vulnerabilities.”
The key milestones in achieving this outcome were:
- March 2018: Formation of the Cyber Security Industry Working Group (CSWIG) consisting of AEMO, industry and government representatives - Complete.
- April 2018: Endorsement of approach by the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) and Critical Infrastructure Centre (CIC) - Complete.
- July 2018: Project initiation following completion of the tender for consultancy support - Complete.
- September 2018: Finalisation of Framework, Criticality Assessment Tool, Assessment Toolkit and supporting Guidance - Complete.
- October 2018: Facilitation of Education Workshops for Market Participants to attend on the application of the AESCSF.
- November 2018: Completion of an AESCSF Self-Assessment by all Market Participants is required by 16 November.
- December 2018: Report delivered to the ESB.
AEMO working in partnership with its industry and government partners will be establishing a cyber security vision for the energy sector with an associated roadmap of prioritised activities across a three-year horizon.
The website will be updated as new materials become available.